Happy Days Quilting

A blog about Applique and Quilting

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Flower Ball quilt

Its been a while since I posted my progress on this quilt,  its not been easy to decide on what fabric background to use and in the end I just went with my favourite colour.
The papers are still in and I'm sewing it with a whip stitch to the teal fabric, so it will be ready to be sandwiched and quilted.
I have no idea yet what designs to use, but hopefully a plan will come soon, I am really excited to quilt on my horizon as its sews so beautifully, I have settled on using isacord thread which both me and the horizon love, I bought a isacord colour card so choosing matching threads is easy.
I am also trying out a new to me batting, its a hobbs polyester, it hasn't arrived yet, its only the crib size one in case I don't like it much :)

Happy sewing!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I *like* it on the teal. :) Looks great, too - everything's nice and flat. I love Geta's designs.

Geta Grama said...

It looks beautiful, looking forward to see it quilted; I have never tried Isacord- and Amann is the only thread I can buy in my city!