Happy Days Quilting

A blog about Applique and Quilting

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Poppy quilt


I have nearly finished making up my fused poppies, they are quite big 6 1/2 inches in diameter, they have used loads of fusible paper, I ran out of it on Sunday so my poppy wall hanging is on stand by at the moment.


I did have a play with possible layouts thou, the first one is the same as in the book.


Both layouts are minus the stems and some large leaves due to running out of the fusible web.


This second layout has the poppies more at the top half of the quilt.

I have made a whoops as well, I should have fused the poppies before adding the borders, Note to self read the instructions properly!

I keep changing my mind about which layout I prefer, what to you think?
This post is linked to Freshly Pieced!
Happy sewing!

Patricia

9 comments:

Terri said...

Love your WIP! I'm here from Freshly Pieced. I like the top variation. I like the placement of the flowers better. The bottom on seem more "lined up" if you know what I mean. Keep up the good work!

Teje Karjalainen said...

That looks exiting and is going to be a beautiful and an unique quilt!

Jan Maree said...

I love this - this is going to be a gorgeous quilt!

Megan said...

I really love these poppies! They're so beautiful. As for the two layouts... I like the bottom one - especially if the poppies will be connected {somewhat} to the leaves at the bottom. It really feels sweet and simple.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh I love it!!! I've been waiting to see the poppies,just gorgeous.I think I like the first layout best..and don't worry about the borders; just do your own thing....it's very pretty I may want to try one of these if I get a chance....I joined a QAL that starts next week. And I am so busy with orders right now; but hey, got to try one....

Lynette said...

Love, love, love your poppies! I like the second one, as it makes me think of a gorgeous window-box. And the borders? Don't worry about that at all!

Marg said...

I'm here from Freshly Pieced WIP's. I love your poppies, absolutely stunning.

Oops-Lah said...

This is going to be beautiful. Never mind, that the grid should be on top, I think it looks perfect like this.

Melinda said...

I really like this! I will say that the top one looks like wild growing poppies that you just found and took a picture of; a little more random. The other looks more uniform, like you planted them in the garden. So, it's how you want them to look from there!