In hindsight I wish I'd made a template for the wavy quilting lines around the blocks, so that they all matched perfectly, I used my bendable ruler this time and if it had been for just one block it would have been fine.
I still haven't decided what filler to do inside the feather borders yet, I'm thinking maybe bubbles to match the feather spines, it would take an awful lot of bubbles thou!
I have started the quilting in the half squares, they were really intimidating me at one point yesterday as they looked so big, I knew I wanted to do some sort of feather, but not one big feather motif and I'm really pleased that I went with the feather fillers instead and with a different type spine for me.
|I need to do more quilting around and maybe on the applique, to help it lie flatter!|
There's loads more quilting to be done on this yet, it is really eating up the hours!
This post is linked to Design Wall Monday over at Patchworktimes.