Then I free motioned around the applique, the centre and outer border, I was a bit ropey to start with due to the stiffness, but it went well in the end (invisible thread rocks!).
Today I did my whimsical one sided feathers, I used a free downloaded pattern off Patsy Thompson's website.
|I cut around the pattern to see how it would fit|
I used the picture as a guide for sizing the feather, I made my feathers slightly bigger to fill around the edge of the block.
|The paper on the flexi ruler is my guide for placement|
I just marked out the feathers spine.
I pinned the picture up and using it as a reference started to quilt out the motif's.
I have only quilted the feather part and now that all four sides are done and I know how much room I have, I can now start to quilt in the scrolls.