To ease my big disappointment at missing a Sewing for Pleasure/Fashion & Embroidery show, I sent for a new open toe freehand embroidery foot.
(I was going to get one for my birthday, but this excuse came along first!)
And at last I can see, what a difference its makes!
I am much better at sewing over previous stitches now (a must with feathers) .
Another thing I have tried today which worked, is altering my speed dial to reduce the speed, my foot control is naff and I kept going too fast making my stitches go tiny!
I just have one last border to do now with feathers, and then fill in around them all with scrolls.
Just one problem, I've nearly run out of red thread, I sent for more, but I must have highlighted the wrong box as I received the wrong colour this morning!
Not to worry thou, I'm itching big time to start a new quilt, its going to be a daffodil one that I'm designing myself.
The only reason I haven't started yet, is that I'm trying to be good and finish my quilts first and not start any more..... Its really difficult thou! Scratch Scratch