Happy Days Quilting

A blog about Applique and Quilting

Friday 17 June 2011

New Project Yay!

I have finally decided what my next quilt is going to be after lots of deliberations (so many quilts to choose from, doesn't make deciding very easy right!), anyway its from this yummy book I bought recently at a quilt show.





The quilt is the one on the cover, but the background will be blues and then brown for the sashing, which will hopefully then look like a wooden fence behind the poppies.

The applique on the quilt is fusible raw edge, which I've had major issues with on my sewing machine cover, as I can't stand it when it frays, so I have got a new fusible web to try, its called heat n bond and I'm hoping that it won't fray at all.
The fabrics are all lovely batiks, I'm using light blues for the background blocks instead of the yellow and then the rest are for the borders and binding


Greens for the stalks and leaves and the brown for the mock fencing


I have prewashed all the fabrics ready, I would have started this quilt a few weeks earlier but I hate prewashing and kept trying to convince myself not to bother, just as well thou that I did as the brown especially ran quite a bit.
So tomorrow is the big day, I'm hoping to cut out the blocks and start piecing.

I have the binding to put on my sewing machine cover first thou, good job its a Friday Night Sew in right!

Happy sewing

Patricia

No comments: