Happy Days Quilting

A blog about Applique and Quilting

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Work in progress

My new project is a sewing machine cover for my beloved Bernina 440 QE.
I am using up left over applique roses from this small wall hanging

The threads that you can see are from the bindings decorative stitch, it was a complete pain in the butt to sew and I was pulling my hair out by the time I finished it, so in a childish fit I have never buried the threads! It is on my to do list now thou

which hangs above my sewing machine, it will have to budge over thou for my Roses around the Log cabin quilt that will be hung there instead, my sewing room/dining room will be all co ordinated.


I am going to try some new techniques, I started with a new gadget that I had for my birthday, its the Applique pressing sheet, it made assembling the flowers a breeze.
I am going to try my hand at free motioning the Mc Tavishing stitch and have been busy drawing out the design and sewing on a practice piece.
The applique is raw edge and I am going to straight stitch along the edge this time and not do blanket stitch as I did when sewing the small wall hanging.
I want the cover to be boxed, so will be busy researching tutorials over the next couple of days.

This post is linked to WIP over at  Freshly Pieced  pop along and enjoy some lovely projects!

Happy quilting!

Patricia

2 comments:

Gari said...

I really like your use of the roses for a machine cover. And coordinating your dining/sewing room sounds wonderful. Maybe I need to make a cover for my machine(s). That would be a year long project but a good one.

Lee said...

Wow, such intricate applique, that really takes some skill! Nice job! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )