Happy Days Quilting

A blog about Applique and Quilting

Saturday 5 February 2011

Two small green wallhangings

These two have been made using the same pattern, I used a Kaleidoscope ruler, they are only small and very different looking.

They are both made using the same colour pallet, but with the focus on different tones within it.

They are both a lot more colourful in real life, but its very gloomy here at the moment in Wales its too dark really for taking photos inside.

This one uses the colours to make a pattern







This one uses the kaleidoscope pattern as a background for the applique leaves





At a later date I plan to sew veins inside the leaves, I have made lots of quilts that I intend to return to in order to add some detail, that I feel not yet confident to do yet.


The binding was made from left over blocks


I'm ashamed to say they also need hanging sleeves, at the moment they reside in a drawer (it's such a shame) and have done for months.

3 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Wow, these are beautiful! I don't know which one I like best. Just how small are they? I was just working on a 6 inch block with too many pieces and I didn't do well.....

happydaysquilting said...

Hiya Connie thanks for stopping by, the wall hangings are 18 inches wide, they were a nice size to quilt as I'm still gaining confidence.
Most of my larger quilts are still UFO's so I decided to scale down for a bit.

Amy said...

very pretty! thanks for sharing,Amy