Happy Days Quilting

A blog about Applique and Quilting

Tuesday 18 January 2011

My Mum's birthday present

This is a small wallhanging that I made for my Mother's birthday,  one of her favourite plants are Cyclamen, she has lots of pink and red one's in many colour variations


The pattern is from the Flower Applique book by Keiko Miyauchi
I already had the fabrics in my stash, batiks and tonga






The above photo shows the free motion invisible stitching around the applique, it was the first time that i had used this technique, having before used a straight machine stitch! it was much easier to free motion around it, but a lot more scary LOL


These photo's were taken before it was quilted and binded

It was hand appliqued then quilted with a scroll pattern, that I used for the first time.
I will post the finished photo's soon

No comments: