|This photo shows the quilt before I unpicked and re basted it|
I used freezer paper to make my template which is a new technique for me and was suggested by A nudge who has a lovely blog called A Quilting Reader's Garden.
I free motioned around the template using my closed toe darning foot, the open toe foot caught the edges and pulled it up more.
Once I finished quilting around the template, using a scissors I peeled it off.
I then added some details to the butterflies, I tried to make them all look slightly different, not an easy task as there were 20 of them!
I played with idea of hyper quilting the butterflies with different coloured threads and adding more details, but after talking with my quilty mates and the phrase "over kill" was mentioned I decided against it LOL!
I will definitely be using this technique again, I only had to make one template for all of the 20 blocks and it was still going strong!
This post is linked to Ester's Blog and Freshly Pieced, two of my favourite blogs.