Happy Days Quilting

A blog about Applique and Quilting

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Work in Progress

This quilt is another UFO, and again its several years old.



Its for my youngest daughter Katie, she has asked me frequently over the years when I will finish it, but after two disastrous attempts at quilting it, its been folded up in a draw.

The Teddy's need buttons for their eyes


There are loads of eye spy fabrics

I am going to make butterfly stencils to fit inside the quarter squares, and I'd love to do feather wreaths inside the four squares.

The quilt is one of my very early attempst at patchwork, and all the squaes and triangles are cut out seperately, so its not as accurate as it could be.

I have nearly finished unpicking all the original in the ditch quilting, so I hope to spray baste it soon.

This post is linked up with Freshly Pieced for the work in progress link up.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Jan Maree said...

very cute quilt - love it!

Angie in SoCal said...

A very cute quilt. I can see why your girl wants it. May I suggest freezer paper butterfly cutouts you could iron and sew around to get your motifs done? Just a thought.

Pauline G said...

I love your applique quilt with the flying geese - its so beautiful - hope you win!

Lynette said...

Oh, my gosh!!! How CUTE can you get? :D